Information and Dates for the 2021 Season
Planning for a great football season is well underway. A special thank you to those family members, teachers and senior students who have volunteered coach or manage. We couldn’t do this without you!
Here’s some further details about the season ahead:
- MiniRoos team names – we currently have placeholder names for each team until the Capital Football draws are released. After that teams will be known as the colour of their group e.g. Under 10 Yellow.
- Division placement for U12 to U18- will be announced once Capital Football have released their draws in early April.
- Volunteers– throughout the season we require the help of all families to undertake such jobs as canteen duty, a fruit roster, being a lines person or helping with field set up/pack up. Your manager will be the lead in organising these jobs.
- Working with vulnerable people (WWVP) - official volunteers such as coaches and managers need to apply for or have a current WWVP card. If you don’t have one you should start the application through ACT shopfronts and have the receipt on your person.
- Uniform - a reminder about our uniform requirements:
- MCFC shorts and socks – are to be purchased from the Uniform Shop. No navy PE shorts or old navy MCFC socks can be worn.
- Jersey - will be provided to each player by the team manager. They are worn for the season and then returned.
- Shin pads and football boots - are compulsory and can be purchased from sporting shops such as Rebel.
- School tracksuit worn to games.
- Structure of season- this year Capital Football has made a change to the structure of the season. The first 4 matches will be known as "pre-season". The results for each team will be reviewed and if necessary the team will move colour groups/divisions. The proper season will then commence and continue for 14 rounds. Under 16 and Under 18 teams who make the finals will then have 2 weeks of a championship series.
- Training will commence anytime from Monday, 22 March, as advised by your coach or manager
- The day and time of your training will be subject to your coach’s availability and field allocation.
- Saturday matches-
- See here for match times by age group.
- Matches commence on Saturday, 24 April (end of week 1 of term 2).
- Matches are played on all long weekends and throughout the July school holidays except for Saturday, 10 July.
- You will be playing both at home (Marist, Pearce or Phillip) and away grounds across the Canberra region.
- Attendance- Marist Football is a school based co-curricular activity and attendance is critical at both training sessions and Saturday matches. Football is a team sport which requires all players to turn up and actively participate.
- Stay connected- more information will follow from your coach and manager but in the interim please stay connected by visiting us here or following us on Facebook.
Last updated 18 March 2021.