How to join our club
Membership of Marist College Canberra Football Club is open to all students of Marist College. Marist Football welcomes new and returning players for the winter season early in the school year. All players must register through the online system, generally in the first fortnight of Term 1, before grading for teams begins. Grading sessions take place on two weekends in February–March, teams are announced in mid-March, and training commences during Term 1, subject to coach and manager availability (see our Volunteers page). The Capital Football season begins on the first weekend of Term 2, and finishes before the end of Term 3. For details of match times, see here. See the Events list for specific details.
- Age groups
- Player eligibility
- Online registration system
- Fees and payment
- Team selection process: grading
- After grading
- National Premier League exemptions
- Pre-season training
The club fields teams in age groups Under 10 to Under 18. The club encourages boys to play in teams with their classmates and school year cohort, and this can mean boys playing up an age year.
To play for Marist College Canberra Football Club, a player must be registered. Registration and payment of the registration fee must be completed online. This is the ONLY way this can be done. Please be aware that players must be registered before they attend grading, and until the fee is paid a player is not considered registered and will not be placed in a team. After registration, the player should then attend the appropriate grading for his age-group, bringing a copy of his registration receipt.
The Club uses a secure online registration system, provided by the Football Federation Australia. Registrations for 2019 are now open - simply click on this link to playfootball.com.au and follow the prompts.
- The first step for returning players is to 'claim' their old profile from the superseded myfootballclub system - all your historical season data has been migrated to the new system.
- You no longer need your FFA number to login, instead login using your email address or your Facebook or Google account.
- Families can register multiple individuals from a single account, allowing you to register and manage your whole family from a single login.
- For families receiving the sibling discount, the system will automatically apply the discount if players are linked under one account.
- Please remember to register your son in the correct age group - eg Year 4 U10s, Year 5 U11, Year 6 U12 etc.
- Coaches and Managers must also register as volunteers, selecting "other" in the sub-role position.
For technical support, please visit the Play Football support site to submit a support ticket, or phone the Helpdesk on 02 8880 7983 (Mon - Fri 9am - 9pm)
Fees for 2019 (unchanged from 2018) are:
- $260 for an U12 to U18 player
- $240 for an U10 to U11 player, and
- $115 for each younger sibling.
Payment is made through the online registration system outlined above. Payment is by credit card only.
Families with genuine difficulty with payment, please contact the club directly and be assured that all enquiries will be confidential.
Refunds will not be available after team lists have been posted unless there are extenuating circumstances accepted by the Club committee.
After registering, you need to check the 2019 grading schedule for your son's age group, and turn up to those sessions on the day.
For more information regarding our team selection processes, please read our Grading Policy.
Once the teams have been selected, lists will go up at school and on this website. From there, we will need a couple of parents from the team to come forward to coach and to manage the boys. Once we have a coach and manager, the training dates need to be organised. Again, keep an eye on our website for dates and times for your son's age group, or subscribe to notices from our Facebook feed (just 'follow' our page).
Students wishing to play for a National Premier League team rather than for Marist College should read carefully the Grading Policy and submit a Football Exemption Form to the Marist College sports master ASAP.
For information on uniform requirements, please visit the Uniforms page.
For regular updates about Marist Football, please visit our Facebook page and 'follow' it.
Please check the website regularly for pre-season training times.
Last updated 7 February 2019.